Lima USA values and protects your personal information received while conducting business with the company. Lima USA adheres to general principles regarding the protection of personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, share and protect information in the course of operating our business.
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to the personal information of consumers that is collected or used by Lima USA, its affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively, “Lima”, “we”, “our”, “us”). This Statement describes the types of personal data that Lima may collect or process, how we may use and disclose that data, and any rights you may have regarding our processing of your personal data. This applies to all the personal information that Lima collects when consumers interact with us, such as when visiting our websites, contacting us in-person, by telephone or by mail, using or purchasing our products or services, contacting customer service, and when interacting with us as a business customer, supplier or business partner (collectively, the “Services”).
Lima may ask you to provide personal information for purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- Purchase, use or receipt of our Products or Services;
- Receiving information about Lima products and services;
- Participating in Lima online communities, including our social media channels/pages;
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Lima;
- Participating in our events, conferences, or trainings, including surgery trainings and product and service demonstrations;
- Contacting us to ask questions;
- Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing Lima to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product and services issues;
- Interacting with us as a customer, vendor, supplier, or business partner or an employee or representative of same, including if you provide information about your customers or patients; or
- Applying for employment;
Lima maintains physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information and only allows disclosures as permitted by law to assist in providing products or services. We may also collect product and service information and provide these statistics to others in an aggregate form where the information has been de-identified.
Personal information collected may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title;
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as username, password, marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, or navigation and clickstream behavior for online interactions;
- Resume or CV, including work history, professional qualifications, publications, awards, references, completed trainings, and signature;
- Passport info for travel bookings or identification purposes, social security number (where required by law), bank account details, (emergency) contact persons, family information (where applicable and in accordance with local law);
- Creditworthiness, VAT number, product, purchase information history, request documentation;
- Pictures, video and audio recordings where you have provided your permission;
- Sensitive personal information, such as health information or reports of an individual end-customer (e.g.,concerning product claims and investigations, patient pre- and post-operative outcomes for research & statistical purposes, or criminal records for due diligence procedures in accordance with applicable law).
Lima will retain and use the personal information collected for above mentioned processes and processing purposes in accordance with legal obligations.
The legal basis Lima uses to process personal information will be dependent on the processing purposes and the jurisdictional legal requirements. In general, we use the following basis:
- Establishment or performance of a contract, e.g. where we enter into a contract with a party and we collect contact information and signatures, as well as potential bank account details that may be linked to a representative of a company we do business with;
If you choose not to provide the personal information we reasonably require, it may hinder Lima’s ability to provide the information or services you have requested. Anonymized data is data for which your individual personal characteristics have been removed such that you are not identified and the information is no longer considered Personal Data under the data protection laws. This includes for the United States the removal of identifiers from protected health information required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), 45 CFR §164.514(b)(2), for such data to be considered deidentified.
Retention of Information
Lima will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to comply with legal obligations or for no longer as required for legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure of Information
Lima may share personal information we have collected with companies or agents doing technological maintenance or working on our behalf to help fulfil business needs, including providing customer services and distributing marketing communications. Lima may also share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Other service providers that may be used to perform certain functions on our behalf and to whom personal information may be disclosed in order to perform their intended function include LimaCorporate, sending or processing postal or electronic mail or analyzing or hosting information on cloud-based servers.
Lima does not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when required by laws or regulations, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with an inquiry by a Federal or State governmental agency or administration.
Consistent with applicable laws and requirements, Lima has put in place certain physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, theft, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure, consistent with legal obligations and industry practices. Lima evaluates these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known. However, as is the case with all websites, applications, products, and services, we unfortunately are not able to guarantee security for data collected through our products and services. Lima does not control any third-party material from authorized or unauthorized externally linked websites to our websites. Lima shall not be liable for the content or accuracy of information located on any such externally-linked Web pages.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect. You may always choose to object to the collection or use of your personal information or to have your information erased. Requests should be sent to: Data Controller Limacorporate S.p.A. - Via Nazionale, 52 - 33038 Villanova di San Daniele del Friuli, Udine - Italia - Tel. +39.0432.945511 - Fax +39.0432.945512 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Updates to Privacy Statement
This Statement may be amended at any time. If material changes are made in how personal information is collected, used, disclosed or otherwise processed, this Statement will be updated and notices will be provided when/where appropriate. Any material changes to this Statement will be effective at the time of our posting of the notice of the update.